For Parents

Please note that ‘Mrs. Rutherford’s Blog’ is very cyber-safe.
All students will be identified by first name only. They will never be identified in photographs.
We will not post about where we are/will be and when.
The administrator of the blog approves or disapproves all comments and posts. No unsafe posts will be approved. If you wish to comment on the blog, you must identify yourself otherwise your comment will not be posted.
The administration password for this blog has been rated as ‘strong’.

Raising Avid Readers

Click on this picture to access a fantastic article that provides great hints about fostering a love of reading…

Shared Reading

I would love to make this video mandatory for all teachers and all parents. It is an animation of Sir Ken Robinson’s theory of Educational Reform and it speaks volumes. If you have a spare ten minutes, please watch it.

Great clip about cybersafety. This is such an important issue.

Here’s a link to a great article about how to encourage children to become avid readers.

Screen shot 2011-09-29 at 11.34.05 AM

7 thoughts on “For Parents

1. Hi Mrs Rutherford. I thought the 3/4s might like to try “Google Squared” to look at inventors. If they put invcentors in the search term , and add a column at the end “known for” it brings up some lovely lists. I love the class blog, and i’m looking forward to mad inventors day

2. they might also like to search for women inventors , add add their own columns. I found the lady who accidentally invented the chocolate chip!

3. Thank you so much Catherine! I will have a play with google squared myself and then suggest this new tool to the children. Thank you for being part of our learning!

4. Hello…
    Thank you for linking to our site! We hope you have had a good experience using PicLits.com in your classroom.
    We would love to hear any feedback or comments you have. Is there anything you think we could do to improve the site?
    Thank you for your support!
    -Carrie
    carrie@PicLits.com