Welcome!

Thank you for visiting my blog. I am Emma Rutherford. I recently moved to country Victoria after living and working in Melbourne for a long time. I have been a teacher and educational leader for 12 years. Education is my passion. I especially like to use art, literature and digital technology to inspire and enthuse young learners. 

This blog is about three years old. I use it to showcase children’s work and to share engaging resources. It has become a crucial part of my classroom, my professional development and my communication with families. The children I have worked with have enjoyed exploring the games, videos and activities on the blog and have generously shared their thoughts and ideas.. Please feel free to look around, have a play and remember that all comments are always very warmly received.. Don’t forget to check out the archives too!

Emma

61 thoughts on “Welcome!

• Hi Heli,
      Lovely to hear from you. We miss you too. How is it all going? Have you heard from Audrey?
      Mrs. Rutherford 🙂

• Well I’ve been catching up with Audrey because we go to different schools now so that’s good. How are you and Mrs Ryan going?

• We’re all good here, Heli. Mrs. Ryan works with Mrs. Weston and Miss Soding now. I’m not really teaching very much this year, but will be doing some work with Grade 5/6 (so, if you and Aud were still here I’d be your teacher AGAIN!). We have a lovely new principal and some big plans for making the school the best it can be. It’s very exciting. 🙂

1. Wow Mrs Rutherford your blog is looking fantastic. I particularly like that is an underwater theme as I know how interested you are in the deep blue.

2. Hello Mrs Rutherford
    How is your time at the new school. What grade do you teach. Thankyou so much for teaching me all the importiant things I now Know. Your are one of my favourite teachers.
    From Daniel.L

3. Hi Mrs. Rutherford

At st kevins we realy miss you especaly my brother luca he is probebly one of
    your favoret fan.
    Oh and your blog is grate, and all your new stundents look realy grate, one day
    I would love to meet them.

• Hi Adrian
      Thanks for your message. I’m sitting here with my Grade Three’s, and you would not be surprised to hear that many of them are also Minecraft CRAZY!
      We don’t have Minecraft Club here at my new school. Some of the kids are hoping we will one day.
      Say hi to Luca for me.
      Mrs. Rutherford 🙂

4. Dear Mrs Rutherford, we really miss you here at st kevins and we hope you could visit us some time soon.

From Daniel.s, if you remeber me!

5. Great blog Mrs Rutherford. It’s wonderful to see what the kids are doing at school. The links to learning sites are a fantastic too. Thanks!

• Thanks for visiting, Kellie! Blogs are a wonderful way for parents to access the classroom learning and see their children in the classroom setting. Thanks for the lovely feedback too. Much appreciated.

6. Dear mrs Rutherford

I love visting your AWSOME blog. It is a great way to lern. I played the pizza game but i only got 5 or 6 rite.

love from Rachel

7. to Mrs. Rutherford I hope you had a great time at our school guess what I got a new car from swan hill I hope you the best Chanelle

8. Hello Mrs Rutherford! I absolutely LOVE your blog! I just adore the pizza game, it’s very fun. We all miss you very, very much at St Kevin’s, (especially me). We all hope you are having a very fun and exciting time up there, which I think you would be having. Anyway, better go, dinners nearly ready! Hope to hear from you soon!!!
    Lots of kisses & hugs ~ Immy xx 😉

• Hi Miss Immy! It’s so lovely to hear from you. I miss you very much but I am having a wonderful time in my new home and new school. I finally have a puppy! He’s a big black labrador x Great Dane called Cooper. I love him.
      I hope you have a great year. Say hi to everyone for me and keep in touch, possum. 🙂

• Thank you so much for getting back to me, Emma. I’m glad that you are enjoying yourself at your new school and home. You’re new puppy sounds very cute and excitable! Our family are planning to get a Jerman Sheperd for a dog. That’s because when I’m older, and taking him or her for a walk, I’ve got a little friend to help support me and make me feel comfortable when ever I’m felling blue. Anyway, lovely to hear from you! Hope you have a wonderful time with your new little friend!
        Love from ~ Immy xx 😀

9. just checked out your blog Mrs Rutherford…as usual…it is very inspiring and the students sound like they have really enjoyed and learnt from their ‘blogging’ experience. Well done! With a new school…and new students..it’s just …blog blog blog and beyond!!!

10. sports: Joshua a and maddi c
    arts: gemma k and Alisha b
    religion: elena c and matthew w
    school: Christian s and madison o
    environment: paris t and John-Robert

11. Hi Mrs.Rutherford its Ella from Grade 3 2013.Ben and Katie are no longer with us and we have Mr Breewell as our teacher.How is Mr.Lowry going? The new grade 4s miss you!

12. Hi Ella,
    Lovely to hear from you! I saw Some of the teachers from your school today and was pleased to hear you are all doing well.
    You’ll notice I had to edit your comment a bit. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to remind everyone that we must never use surnames or the name of our school on the blog.
    Keep in touch and make the most of Grade 4. Mr.B is a wonderful teacher and I’m sure you will have a memorable year.
    Warmest wishes,
    Mrs Rutherford.

13. Hello Mrs.Rutherford,
    how are your holidays going so far?
    i’m enjoying them.
    I hope that you are too.
    Have a good 2 weeks holiday.

Love from Evie!

14. Hi Mrs. Rutherford,its Ella ,saige ,latisha and Julia here from last year.Hows it going with your new gr.3s?talk soon catch you later!

15. Dear mrs Rutherford ,

Gr.3 is a very exciting grade and Mr.Breewell is very,very nice . I have learnt a lot of things,like when writing a letter after the part to tell who the letter is for,you start on the next line. Peace out! 🙂 😉

• Lovely to hear from you Zoe and I’m very glad to hear you’re enjoying Grade Four. Mr Breewell is certainly an excellent teacher.
      I still think of you every time I use my lovely dice. Keep working hard. Remember to persevere and be resilient!

16. I didn’t do the part with the letter because its a text and text is all w8 is wait and brb is be right back. The Internet is a funny place. I’m really roaring to see you so I will be happy if I could at least text. I also have a new app, Tocomail and got my own Email address. Type to you As Soon As Possible or ASAP. Bye!

17. Hey mrs ruther ford it’s Luca;) 😛
    We have NOT talked for a while so happy incredibly late Easter and merry late Christmas and happy new year! 🙂
    And I have really missed u and it sucks that you have to be gone 🙁
    U JUST HAD TO GO DIDNT YOU hmm
    Any way it have just been wondering what has been going on in your life after ur move to mildura with tim!
    Any way I have turned 11 while u were gone and also got an iPad mini (yay!)
    Also I found a cool app called read qui kit flashes words on the screen that you can read in your head you can also adjust the speed if your a big finer but you have to get it while it’s still app of the week so it’s free
    This has gotten really long,
    Luca!

• Hi Luca!
      How lovely to hear from you. I can’t believe you are eleven!
      Mildura life is pretty good so far. I am teaching Grade Three and just loving it.
      How are things in the big city? You must have had your confirmation recently, yes?
      Mrs Rutherford. 🙂

18. Hi Mrs Rutherford!
    Nice to here from you on the day of the school concert!
    All went well and everyone enjoyed it on the night and when the DVD comes out, make sure you get one. Hope you’re having a great time teaching up there. Say that Baloo the bear said to say hello to everyone! 🙂
    See you ~ Immy xxx

• Hi Immy,
      I’m so glad that the performance went well. I bet you were a fabulous Baloo! I can’t wait to see the DVD. I’m having it personally delivered to me in the holidays. 🙂
      Mrs. Rutherford xxx

19. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
    I’ve just got back from the dentist, (I got a day off school!)
    It’s a lovely day today but very windy, hope the weathers fine up there for you and everyone.
    Bye!